Nutridry Pty Ltd is committed to reducing its environmental impact and puts environmental performance at the centre of its operating process. It is our priority to encourage our staff, customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same.
Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Aim of this Policy:
We endeavour to:
• Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements and other compliance obligations.
• Continually monitor and reduce our direct environmental impact, and wherever possible, our indirect impacts
• associated with our supply chain.
• Understand and be responsive to environmental challenges and how they impact our business.
• Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
• Increase employee awareness and training.
• Through this policy and our actions, we seek to protect and build our reputation across all aspects of our business.
Our policy is to wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice in the following ways:
Minimise our waste and reuse or recycle as much of it as possible by:
• Only use paper for printing when necessary. We ensure we keep all documents digitally where possible to eliminate the need to print.
• To ensure that all food products not used in the manufacturing process are being composed and to use these composed materials for planting new plants.
Minimise non-renewable resources by:
• Turn off energy using appliances and technology when not necessary or not in use.
• Use energy efficient light bulbs.
• Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
Use environmentally friendly alternative products where possible by:
• Eliminating all synthetic and toxic chemicals from our kitchen, garden and vegetable growing activities.
• Composting all organic materials – including food waste – and encouraging our colleagues do to the same.
• Advocate for bee rescue by linking companies to environmentally sound beekeepers and assisting in the installation of beehives where possible.
Support South African manufacturing and small businesses.
• The products we source are from South African manufactures and are produced as sustainability as possible.
• Outsourcing manufacturing to small businesses where possible to build employment and maintain and grow the South African skill base.
• Sourcing locally helps reduce the carbon footprint of our products.
Support local projects to ensure Carbon offsetting measures are taken
•We support projects like the Spekboom Project launched by Nature Gardens in Mphumalanga This is a carbon offsetting initiative to create awareness about the need to reduce the carbon footprint. The Carbon offsetting measures have taken the form of land restoration, particularly with Spekboom. Nutridry supports this initiative by various forms of donations to ensure the continuous planting of the Spekboom tree.